Research Program Manager, 8/2015 – 8/2019
Center on Gender Equity and Health
Division of Infectious Diseases and Global Public Health
Department of Medicine
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
– Research Projects –
1. Addressing the Rise of Congenital Syphilis: Working toward Setting-specific Solutions among High-Risk Pregnant Women in Kern County, CA and East Baton Rouge Parish, LA (March of Dimes/Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Principal Investigators: Jennifer Wagman and Emily Harville)
2. Strengthening the University of California’s and Global University Partner’s Prevention and Response to Campus-Based Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence (University of California Global Health Institute, Principal Investigator: Jennifer Wagman)
3. Assessing the Environment for Campus Violence Prevention in California (California Department of Public Health/Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Principal Investigators: Jay Silverman and Jennifer Wagman)
4. Strengthening SASA! Implementation through Learning and Guidance (United Nations Trust Fund/Raising Voices, Principal Investigator: Jennifer Wagman)
5. Alcohol Epidemiology and Pilot Intervention to Reduce Alcohol, IPV and HIV in Women in Uganda (National Institute of Health/National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism,
Principal Investigator: Jennifer Wagman)
6. Designing a Gender-Transformative Intervention to Involve Men in Prevention of IPV in Rural Uganda (World Bank/Sexual Violence Research Initiative, Principal Investigator: Jennifer Wagman).
7. The Role of Peer Navigators and Social Support in the HIV Care Continuum: Perceptions of HIV-Positive Women Community Project (Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute, Principal Investigators: Jamila Stockman and Laramie Smith)
Under the general supervision of Dr. Jennifer Wagman, I am responsible for work direction, coordination, and management of projects listed above. My responsibilities include qualitative data analysis, manuscript and report development, data collection oversight, IRB submission/amendment, and writing/editing research grants and proposals.
Staff Researcher, 3/2012 – 4/2015
JWLEECenter for Global Medicine
College of Medicine
Seoul National University, South Korea
– Research Projects –
1. Comprehensive evaluation on Official Development Aid on Health in South Korea (Prime Minister’s Office of South Korea, Principal Investigator: Juhwan Oh)
2. Community development program in Solambhu collaboration with Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences in Nepal (National Assembly of South Korea, Principal Investigators: Woong-Han Kim, Rajendra Koju)
3. Appropriate medical technology development program in HoChiMinh in collaboration with 175 hospital in Vietnam (National Assembly of South Korea, Principal Investigator: Woong-Han Kim)
Under the general supervision of Dr. Woong-Han Kim, I was responsible for management of projects list above. My responsibilities include coordinating international collaboration, needs assessment and project evaluation, data analysis, and manuscripts, report, and grant writing/editing.
Graduate Research Assistant, 8/2011 – 5/2012
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
Research Projects: State of Hawaii Seat Belt Use Surveillance Project (Department of Transportation, Principal Investigator: Karl Kim)
Under the general supervision of Dr. Karl Kim, I was responsible for collecting and analyzing data related to seat belt use. My responsibilities included seat belt and carseat usage monitoring in over 100 sample sites in Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Big Island, data collection training, data analysis using SAS, and report preparation.